What Is the Purpose of Fracture Rehabilitation?
Maximize the recovery of joint movement range and muscle strength. and restore the ability of daily living activities and working.
What Are Fracture Rehabilitation Methods?
1. Restoration of joint movement range: loosening the internal and external adhesions and contracture tissue by stretching and joint loosening, etc. Enhancing local blood circulation and taking active and passive stretching. If necessary, physical therapy and massage can be of great help.
1) Active training: active movement in all directions of the injured joint, gently pulling the contracted and adhered tissue. During training, make sure that patients do not feel obvious pain. The range of mobility should be larger and larger gradually, and patients should keep practicing each movement repeatedly every day.
2) Assist or passive training: for patients whose fixation is removed, assist training can be the very first option. After that, reduce assistance gradually with the increase of the joint movement range. For the cases of severe contracture and adhesion when active or assist training can’t work, passive training is the only solution. However, it should be noted that the direction of movement should be consistent with the normal anatomical and physiological direction. Of course, the movement should be smooth, slow and cause no obvious pain or muscle spasm. Remember, no violence to avoid secondary damage to the patient!
3) Joint mobilization: For stiff joints, joint mobilization can help to move the joints within the limit of the elasticity of soft tissues like joint capsules and ligaments. And for better treatment effect, therapists should combine joint mobilization with other techniques that improve the orientation of joints.
4) Physiotherapy and massage: In order to promote the deposition and analgesia of calcium, some physiotherapy solutions like local ultraviolet radiation, low frequency and interference electrotherapy are available according to different conditions. In order to promote blood circulation and improve joint function, wax, infrared and short wave therapy are good solutions.
2, restore muscle strength: the only effective way to restore muscle strength is to gradually increase the workload of muscle, causing moderate muscle fatigue. When patients’ muscle strength is level 0-1, massage, electrical stimulation, passive exercise, and assist training are effective. When patients restore their muscle strength to level 2-3, active training can help the most, and assist exercise is necessary. We recommend resistance training when muscle strength reaches level 4, including isotonic and isokinetic training. In addition, the training on patients’ control over their strength and limb control ability is also important. Furthermore, it is necessary to run some strength tests on patients, such as an isokinetic muscle strength testing. It’s important to determine and eliminate the difference between patients’ health and injured sides to eliminate the risk of future injury.
3, to restore the ability of daily living and work: occupational therapy and fitness exercise can improve the movement ability and develop physical health.
Feel free to find our rehabilitation robotics and some other equipment for rehab centers and clinics. We sincerely welcome you to inquire or visit us.
Post time: Dec-17-2019